• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuse box and voltmeter issues

pbrstreetgang

I am having a similar issue with my Volt Meter. I was doing a recon behind the dash bezel for my upcoming stereo install and suddenly I had sparks behind the voltmeter. I had neglected to disconnect the battery and when I went to unhook the meter I think it got fried.

What is the actual part number for the meter, I checked the TM and can't find that part number anywhere on the net.

rhinob

'85 M1009: I just noticed that my volt meter is doing zero when the key is turned on. Every other function appears to be working, light-wise. ALL fuses have been pulled and checked - with a meter and put back in. And my original manuals are missing the wiring diagrams. What's the best resource on here for a wiring diagram. Searching for over an hour has netted me nothing. Thanks!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The manuals are available via the Tech Manual Button at the top of the page.

The diagrams are in the appendix of the TM 9-2320-289-20 and the TM 9-2320-289-34 manuals.

The voltmeter is controlled via the ignition switch which energizes the voltmeter relay under the dash next to the starter relay. The very bottom fuse is 24v and goes straight to the VM and the relay closes the ground to the voltmeter. There is also a resistor on the back of the VM that goes bad. It is 300 ohm.

E-04 - ign power.gif

Last edited:

rhinob

The manuals are available via the Tech Manual Button at the top of the page.

The diagrams are in the appendix of the TM 9-2320-289-20 and the TM 9-2320-289-34 manuals.

The voltmeter is controlled via the ignition switch which energizes the voltmeter relay under the dash next to the starter relay. The very bottom fuse is 24v and goes straight to the VM and the relay closes the ground to the voltmeter. There is also a resistor on the back of the VM that goes bad. It is 300 ohm.

View attachment 471639
Thanks much!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks