• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fusible Links/Runaway Starter

cjkeeliii

My starter ran away with me. It appears to have been the solenoid. However, I'm going to upgrade to the Doghead Relay when I make repairs. My question: How many fusible links get fried when this happens? I've found the one from the alternator and the one from the small wire that runs with the negative battery cable. I keep hearing about a third one. Where is it?

MarcusOReallyus

I'm not sure which one gets fried, since I have not had this problem (I did the doghead right away!), but there are a bunch hanging off the 24v buss bar on the firewall (passenger side) and there are a few hanging off the 12v junction box near the GP relay.

There might be more info in this thread, which is linked in the Helpful Threads sticky. There's also a "Fusible Links 101" thread in there that might be useful.

:beer:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Fusible Links 101 thread has all of the locations of the various links along with gauges.

I have never looked at which ones burn but maybe Amphi or AntennaClimber has.