• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fv432

Craigster

Does anyone know what the FV432 MK 2/1 came with as in Complete internals? I am interested in the not so interesting stuff, ie water containers, water boilers, mess kit and the such. Oh I am new to the forum. Hello everyone, I am now a FV432 Freak, so interested in meeting those that have them, and such.

Regards,

Craigster[thumbzup]

L999here

Welcome....

Welcome,Craig....!! Also own an FV432 that is completely restored. It's an earlier 1965 model with the Peak Eng. turret and full NBC and Klansman radio/intercom. I'm having a carb problem...nothing serious...just would rather have a diesel model. Don't need any parts..yet..and have reproduced the manuals for it. Need a set....? Tried to put a list of FV owners together...but not many of us. Hoped we could exchange #'s and emails for support and contact....stay safe...

msehring

The 432's are great, we use them alot. We have seven at our shop including one with peak turret, two with mortar mounts and an ambulance. All diesel ones, sold my two that were gas. will be selling off my Mk 1 spares soon. have a B 81 engine in the crate, might have some other parts as well. enjoy them, they are great fun.

Craigster

7 wow. Where are you located in Virginia, I am NC. Any chance I could come and visit and look at one?@l999here, I currently don't own a FV, but love them just the same. I will own one at some point hopefully by the end of 2011, if we can still import them by then. I will probably go through the hassle of the import, I could go visit England, pick one out, visit the queen, and buy a spare engine, for the price they are going for in the states. I have been researching them over the past few months, and would be interested in sharing any information I might find, of course it couldn't compare to the fact that you guys actually own some. I have been in touch with Dougy at fv432.co.uk and John at Track Kickers as well. Great guys, love the vehicles as well. They are 2nd kind of cool for me, as they were produced around the time I was born, and I am half Brit half Yank myself. I live on a Lake in NC now, but am currently looking for about 10 acres in the country, to build on , and of course I would need a place for the FV to romp around. I wish the mods, "hint, hint" would give us are own FV Board to discuss stuff. Thanks for the warm welcome, and I look forward in corresponding with all interested in this great vehicle. I would be interested in any information anyone has to share. There are a few vids out there, but would love to see one in person. Private Craigster, reporting for Duty Sir.

Last edited:

M920

My "US" livery FV432

Welcome,Craig....!! Also own an FV432 that is completely restored. It's an earlier 1965 model with the Peak Eng. turret and full NBC and Klansman radio/intercom. I'm having a carb problem...nothing serious...just would rather have a diesel model. Don't need any parts..yet..and have reproduced the manuals for it. Need a set....? Tried to put a list of FV owners together...but not many of us. Hoped we could exchange #'s and emails for support and contact....stay safe...
I'm interested in a list of FV432 owners. It would be useful to be able to exchange tips and parts. Mine is the diesel MK2/1, but I modified it to suit my taste and needs! lol So let's just call it the "americanized" version. It has a modified M66 ringmount instaled in the rear hatch sporting the ever reliable .50cal M2HB for some added punch. (just don't feel that the .303 GPM in the commanders cupola packs enough punch against enemy APC's!) It is certainly a "work in progress" and there are still a lot of things that I want to do to her, but I think I'm gona like her..... ;)
Here are a couple of pics I took, before I put her up for the winter.

Soni

Attachments

L999here

....well done...!!!

Nicely modified...tastefully done. Shield and .50 BMG make a nice statement...LOL. Good 'desert-sand' color...especially for the NM desert and sparce vegitation in places. Email for contact....just click on avatar or monicer.

M920

Thanks for the nice compliment L999. The # 30277 "Sand" color that I paint all the rest of my vehicles with, would have been a better match for the South-West Desert then the #33446 "686 Tan" CARC that I used to paint the APC. I wanted it to have that "Current Theatre of Operations Look" when I'm done though, so that's why I opted for the "686".

I'm going to work on the inside during the Winter and finish the outside next Spring.
I designed a set of really cool track skirts for it and two new tool boxes for the back. I will post updated pics as work progresses.....

Soni

Craigster

A few questions on the FV432.

Can all the hatches be locked from the inside? I haven't seen any locks in any of the pics I have looked at.
What is the fuel capacity in these? In gallons Please.
Range?
Were they only meant to protect from small arms fire, and shell fragments, or would they actually protect from 30 mm, or RPGs and such? I know they wouldn't stand up to anything modern. Id imagine an AT4, JAV or 50 cal would obliterate one.
Anyone willing to part with a FV432 for say a dollar down, and 50 cents a week? Ok don't answer that one.

Thanks for all help in Advance,

Craigster

P.S I have found 12 acres and a 3/4 built log cabin home for 189 K, I am stoked

L999here

...spec's...

The original FV432 gas model had about 100 gal capacity....2-50 gal tanks in the rear on either side of the rear opening. Mileage about 2 mpg and about 200 mi range. That's why they went to a diesel...LOL. Yes...all hatches are secured from the inside..but also have exterior locking points,as do the gas caps. It's like having an M2HB .50 cal Browning...if you cannot afford the ammo (fuel),don't buy it. The manuals I have for sale would be more specific...just posting from memory...your mileage may vary....LOL. A few recent models were up-armored and such for the Brits with the Cummings diesel and are still serving in the 'sand box'. They can withstand most shrapnel and small arm's fire....but yeah....a .50 BMG would probably cause a lot of damage,as would an RPG or 30mm. I'd go into combat in an FV432...lot more room and better armor than an M113/114. As with the Izzy tanks,the engine is in the front and helps to protect the crew and passengers. Since I got mine,I've also picked up an M16 half track and now have the 'complete' gammit of armor...Brit Ferret armored car on tires,M16 half track and the FV432 Bulldog tracked APC. Only thing left is a battle tank....working on it....LOL. At least my family can roll over the 'zombies' in a worse-case scenerio....

Craigster

Or if SHTF you could roll over all the vehicles abandoned on the highway, to get out of dodge, unfortunately you could only get out of dodge 200 miles. LOL I would imagine if you had the multifuel you could find fuel on the way. Id rather have the MK2/1 if possible. Thanks for the reply. In a WROL situation, this vehicle would keep you safe from most people that would be trying to take what you have, and so would my 2 ARs, Bushy ACR and 9mm. But a great way to haul gear and supplies if you had to bug out. Ok, Im dreaming, but again, I used to dream of this kind of cool stuff to have as a kid, now I'm all grown up, and have got most of what I want, now I really want a FV432, so I am working out and planning on getting one. Have you seen the Book of Eli Movie. I just got the sword. Now that is a true Zombie killer, head lopper for sure. What would really be nice is for someone to post an in depth review of the 432. There are tons of vids out there on them, trust me I have watched them all, twice even, but a real good video review would be awesome. Thanks for the reply L999, I am truly envious of your FV, it is Sweet. Now add a front camera with night vision, thermal capabilities, GPS unit, with a Panasonic Tough Book to navigate with, and umm ummm, yah that stuff. Thanks Again for the info. Gosh you guys are lucky. Still debating one of my kids college money I have saved up or the FV432, JUST KIDDING

:not worthy:

Craigster

Last edited:

Yohan

Craig, you said "zombies"!!! Hey man, the world needs dreamers. If things gotta go south, I'd wish it was because of Z-Day myself... [thumbzup] it really cuts down on any confusion about who the bad guys are!

Craigster

Oh yeah, Zombies!!! Another thing I was thinking was how useful a FV432 would be if this happened we had a disaster like the great show that was on the History Channel. It is on you tube called After Armageddon History Channel. If anyone wants to see a good account of what may happen in a H1N1 outbreak or natural disaster happens, and how most of the general population will react , this is definitely worth watching. Id be out of there in my future FV432 and I don't think I would have any problems. Especially if you had your Full Auto permit and a nice 30 or 50 cal sitting in the turret. :grd:

Man I need a FV432 2012 is approaching soon. LOL

Craigster

Craigster

It is Thanksgiving time, anyone willing to donate to the "Craigster must have a FV432" foundation. I am not sure I can live without one!!!! Does my kid really need to go to college? rofl

The donation part was a joke, although if someone wanted to give me there FV432, id take it :)

m109guy

I would rather have a FV434. Would be nice to have the maintenance tent setup in the back while you wait out the zombie hordes surrounding the vehicle ;)

We are looking at picking up a FV434 one of these days. They are nice pieces of kit ;)

Craigster

Yes Id like to have one of those too. Maybe two FV432s and a FV434 to pull the packs when needed. Also a spare engine. Hmm, think I'll buy one, throw a cot in the back and just live in it. LOL. I am sure I can rig up a fridge and hvac. Little Sat TV and Im all set.

m880 unimog

hello 432,er,s greets from raining england,great to hear that some of these are being used in the states,i have done many miles,trained on ,passed tests and worked for too long on various models of these.
i have access to all the user literature and bulletins,im new to computers,but would be happy to assist with specific questions.im only on line a few times a week.
the last one we had fun with was a gasoline powered one [faster] it had the mortar ring fitment,we used it to do a beer run to france,with 5 of us we could fit over 100 cases of cheap beer into the crew compartment.
we enjoy road runs and car crushes,but the bigger stuff is better for some of the tougher cars,18 tonnes is just enough,just.

we bought a few up at auction about ten years ago,and the ministry wanted to buy the k60 power packs back a few months later,it amounted to 3 free 432,s!
a lot of the old school dealers are by the wayside now.

im almost certain my tracked days are behind me,although i,d love another shot in a M548-ah detroit.

i always greatly enjoy my time in the united states,it reminds me of how england used to be when i was a kid,before we allowed our gov.t to pander to and encourage our enemies.
BUT!
we try to get over to the u.s. at least every year to race at the hallowed bonneville salt flats,and yes we asked-NO TRACKS ON THE SALT!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks