• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GA 2010 Rally After Action Report

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I talked with a sign maker today about signs to direct traffic to the rally. A set of four reusable signs, printed double sided , with the heavy duty metal legs, will cost about $55. Here's the catch, to get that price I have to purchase 25 of each sign, and no single rally needs that many signs - total out of pocket will be over $1300. But we could use the signs not only at the GA Rally, but also Uwharrie, Virginia, Florida, Louisiana, Haspin and other places. The four signs would be printed with black ink on a white background. I'd like to have a set on Hwy 44 at Randolph Church Rd (both sides, so I guess that's two sets), then more at the campgrounds entrance - what about at the other end of Randolph Church Rd? VA Rally probably needs three sets total. Attached should be a mock up of the signs.

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I talked with a sign maker today about signs to direct traffic to the rally. A set of four reusable signs, printed double sided , with the heavy duty metal legs, will cost about $55. Here's the catch, to get that price I have to purchase 25 of each sign, and no single rally needs that many signs - total out of pocket will be over $1300. But we could use the signs not only at the GA Rally, but also Uwharrie, Virginia, Florida, Louisiana, Haspin and other places. The four signs would be printed on both sides -black ink on a white background. I'd line to have a set on Hwy 44 at Randolph Church Rd (both sides, so I guess that's two sets), then more at the campgrounds entrance - what about at the other end of Randolph Church Rd? VA Rally probably needs three sets total. Attached should be a mock up of the signs.
I think for now at least I'd rather just use some post-election signs for candidates (I have a source) and paint and stencil them. This way if they are lost, forgotten or damaged it's not the end of the world. I am already storing items for the rally (some tables) and storage space is at a premium at our place, so I am hesitant to add anything additional.

I had planned on doing this last year but the bronchitis I was still recovering from at the rally screwed up all my prep.

I was going to do it this year but Jimma volunteered so it looks like that frees me up to plan the skydiving* portion of the 2011 Rally.

*not going to happen unless maccus agrees to jump with us

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the post election signs and there are a few members with stencil cutting machines for a nice look.

Monica

There's reflective paint and/or tape that can also be used to increase night time visibility of the signs. As I recall, we had people rolling in late.

Last edited:

Monica

Well, guys. I may open my yap and give advice for 2011, but given that its about three weeks before my baby's due date, I may not attend this year. Or I may tail the husband down in a civie vehicle. I don't want the deuce to shake the baby loose early...

Then again, at that point, I MAY want to... but not that far from the hospital.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Monica what did you do on your trip! lol I know how to deliver a baby and the MKT can have hot water, this will be a rally to remember! lol:jumpin:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well, guys. I may open my yap and give advice for 2011, but given that its about three weeks before my baby's due date, I may not attend this year. Or I may tail the husband down in a civie vehicle. I don't want the deuce to shake the baby loose early...
Then again, at that point, I MAY want to... but not that far from the hospital.
Monica when you showed your dad that pregnancy testy thingy I thought he was gonna burst with pride!!!:-D:shock::shock:
I'm glad I was there to see a good troop get some outstanding news!!!:beer:

Don't worry about coming to the Rally, Doc will be there and knows just what to do:-D
I can see the post now..."Newest SS Member gets delivered in style amid the best MV Rally on the east coast".

You can use my M185A3 camper with plenty of hot water, beer, Crown, and anything else you may need/want.:driver:

CAMO will restrain your Dad so he dosen't spass out too much:-D:-D

Again...congrats!!

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Cool! I can bring a hospital if you want but we need to clear another 20 acres.

I took an on-line course on how to deliver a baby, does that count.

Also saw it done in that movie the Big Red One when they delivered it in the German tank. Still can't understand why they kept talking to the woman and how the stork got into the tank from the front and got past everyone with the turret in the forward position. Ah, but it was a movie. And why didn't they show the stork? Man, some things I just can't understand why.

Best wishes on the new baby.

zout

after having survelience on a member from the Northern States - I think he is getting the pooch ready to travel South this year to the Ga Rally and finally bring her along

Attachments