• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gama Goat Tachometer

wsucougarx

Is there a reason why the Goat didn't come with a Tach? Has anyone added a tach to their Goats? I found the tachometer port on the Detroit but wondered what a guy would use for a the cable? Just need to cross reference a part that a MV uses.

pjwest03

Essentially any Detroit mechanical tach setup will work. 2-53, 3-53, 4-53 are used in a large variety of things. Generators, pumps, small dozers, gun platforms, man lifts,fork lifts, all sorts of agriculturally derived equipment. 6V-53 family is used in armored vehicles, M113s, LAVs, and a host of other things. Very easy to find if you're not determined to have a military part.

dmetalmiki

Great video thank you. I am in the process of fitting a rev counter to mine. That engine seemed to be going really slow and lagging from low rpm gear changes. The supercharger barley seemed to kick in. I seriously do not think mine would have been out of third most of that journey.