• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasser vs Multi Fuel tanks

Crash_AF

My new gasser has 6 year old fuel/rust/dirt sludge in the bottom of the tank (about 1/4 in thick or thicker under the filler). Should I try to have it cleaned or just get another tank? Are the gasser and multi tanks even the same?

Thanks,
Joe

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had mine cleaned at a heavy truck place. I think it was 35-40$. The tanks are different but you could probably make one work.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crash_AF said:
... Are the gasser and multi tanks even the same?
Thanks,
Joe
Basically yes, except for the size of the fuel pickup/pump mounting flange and the two additional 1/4" NPT ports according to following diagram.
It should not be to difficult to use a MF tank in a gasser removing the pump and adapting the gasser pickup tube.

G.

Attachments

Barrman

RE: Re: Gasser vs Multi Fuel tanks

I am using a multi tank on my Gasser. The mechanical pump pulls the gas out of the tank past the not used intank pump just fine.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: Gasser vs Multi Fuel tanks

Anyone have a pic of the tanks cross-section? In other words, from the side, to show the location of baffles, etc.