• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gear case plug wrench?

rgregj

Hey Guys,

I'm going to pick up my new deuce next week and was getting my ducks in a row. One question, The TM specs a "plug wrench" FSN 5120-708-3302 to check the levels in the trans and diffs. It looks like a square recessed plug. Will a standard rachet 3/8,1/2, or 3/4 work?

Thanks,

Greg

Spartanburg, SC

houdel

Don't get TOO happy yet. It is all not that simple. The 1/2" rachet/breaker bar works for my diffs, my t-case a fairly large open end wrench (5/8"-3/4"?) and my trans (Spicer Wolverhampton) takes a large allen wrench (1/2"+/-?). If you need too know the specific sizes I can crawl under the truck and look.

houdel

Don't get TOO happy yet. It is all not that simple. The 1/2" rachet/breaker bar works for my diffs, my t-case a fairly large open end wrench (5/8"-3/4"?) and my trans (Spicer Wolverhampton) takes a large allen wrench (1/2"+/-?). If you need to know the specific sizes I can crawl under the truck and look.

rgregj

Thanks all, I take my hex set with me as well, just as a precaution. Hey BFR we'll be up your way for Octoberfest!!! JA JA

Greg
Spartanburg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks