• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting a MEP-016C going

patrick duggan

I picked up a MEP-016C the other day at a local auction. I didn't give much for it but the more I dig I'm starting to wonder if I bought a pile of parts.

There was a mouse hotel inside the control box with some of the wiring chewed up and a little corrosion (doesn't look too bad though).

What I'm working on right now is getting it running. This thing has been sitting for some time and had a bunch of stale gas in it. I drained the gas, cleaned the sediment bowl ( I didn't see a sediment bowl in the TM so I wonder if this is a civilian mod), added new gas, checked the oil, and tried to crank it.

I hooked up the slave cable and my first problem was when I hit the start switch all I got was a click. after fooling with it I finally got it to crank. I could start and run it on ether but could never get the sediment bowl to fill with gas so I'm not getting fuel. I tried to find the fuel priming procedure in the TM but I haven't seen it. Did I just overlook it or is it self priming? If it's self priming I'm wondering if my fuel pump is bad. I ran it for a good 30 seconds on ether but still no fuel to the carb.

After all this I guess my starter has played out. Now I don't get anything when I hit the start switch. I've pulled the starter and am going to have the local starter shop have a look at it.

This is my first experience with military gensets so any help would be greatly appreciated. I've done the search and found out a little info on the 016C but not a whole lot.

I'm also looking for the engine manual (TM 5-2805-203-14 I think). None of the usual sources seem to have it.
did you find a manual thanks

Guyfang

Staff member
Posting the same thing in more then one thread is not allowed. I would suggest that you start your own thread on your generator set. These threads are old and sometimes you do not get the visibility you need.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter