• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Giving up on M135.........

Jeepsinker

Been following this thread closely and am so glad to hear that you got her fixed and on the road again! Take care of that truck. I'm sure it is so important to your father because that is the last thing he was able to share with you before he got down in health. Don't ever get rid of it, you will kick yourself for the rest of your life if you do.

DeucesWild11

A great ending to your daunting air pack/brake issue. Every time I saw the thread I thought, I hope he has not given up yet! Now keep that thing on the road so it gives you more happiness than hassle. I remember when I first got my deuce, brakes locked up on the ride home. Rebuilt the airpack and then the M/C a few months later the rear end ground up and was shot. Replaced all that and now she's running well. There will always be things that need attention but I can't ever think of getting rid of her! Hope you wind up feeling the same way about yours.

zguinness

Keeping that truck running is probably the greatest way you could say "I love you, dad."

He may not be able to move around much or speak his thoughts, but I'm sure in his mind he's proud of everything you've done.:beer:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Way to hang with it Brad, we knew you could do it. Man made machines can be fixed by man. Now you're the guy with the experience. Keep maintaining the truck and exercise her on a regular basis. It says something about a guy that can maintain his own equipment.
Congrats
JC

jdknech

Keeping that truck running is probably the greatest way you could say "I love you, dad."

He may not be able to move around much or speak his thoughts, but I'm sure in his mind he's proud of everything you've done.:beer:
These are very true words, I wish i had learned this much sooner with my dad.. but he taught me that when you get to that point in life, that there are far more importent things in life then money.. It looks as if for your father that is this truck.. for mine it was tractors, and his firetruck.. he has passed on from us now, and I am wishing I had taken more time to do things that were more important to him, and not me... looks as if you are learning this better (sooner) then i did.. keep up the good work! the truck looks AMAZING! and I'm sure your dad thinks so as well.. If you need anything, we (the SS community) is here for you..

vtdeucedriver

These are very true words, I wish i had learned this much sooner with my dad.. but he taught me that when you get to that point in life, that there are far more importent things in life then money.. It looks as if for your father that is this truck.. for mine it was tractors, and his firetruck.. he has passed on from us now, and I am wishing I had taken more time to do things that were more important to him, and not me... looks as if you are learning this better (sooner) then i did.. keep up the good work! the truck looks AMAZING! and I'm sure your dad thinks so as well.. If you need anything, we (the SS community) is here for you..
This says EVERYTHING!! For me it was a airplane with me and my father. For my girl pictured here, hopefully it will be this M-37. On the 13th I turned 42 and the next day my wife delivered my twin girls. Sadly one of them was only with us for 18 minutes but her sister is doing just fine in NICU much like her older sister did. All ready my 19 month old is more than willing to ride with dad in his old truck. I have another M-37 project waiting for my newborn so maybe about 30 years from now you can find two girls riding back roads of Vermont with their kids.

Attachments

jeepsguy

Have you checked the tiny vent hole in the master cylinder. It's a tiny hole that may be clogged or rusted shut. A too-tight operating rod may also contribute to the problem.

Shoprat 19th Engr

Check and see if all of the push rods off the brake pedal come all the way off the master cylinder if the rod does not have a little play the fliud will not fully return to the master cylinder and cause the brakes to lock up