• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gl info

PETE BALLARD

I want to ask - how does gl provide titles? Do they come to you already in your name? Or do they arrive to you showing being owned from whatever branch your vehicle came from and you are the purchaser? It would be great if they arrived to you, title in your name and from your state - i guess that 's a pipe dream. But i do expect something for $60.00 - am i wrong????

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got two titles from them. One Florida and one Arizona. No military branch, just a signed off title so you can get yours in your own name and state..

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will not get a title. The documentation you get is an SF97 form. This is extra $$$ but you can use it to help apply for a title in some states.
Not true. I never got an SF97 either time. I just posted I got a title as have many others.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
From GL
TRANSFER OF TITLE TO VEHICLES: Government Liquidation will supply a SF97 to customers under the following conditions: The vehicle must have been sold in a "useable" property sale (Sale No. is less than 6000). GL will not issue SF97s for vehicles sold in Scrap material sales. There is a processing fee of $60 for EACH SF97 requested. Customers requiring a Florida state certificate of title or duplicate state certificate of title will be charged $77.75. GL will determine whether your state requires a state certificate of title or a SF97. Customer must verify the following pertinent information required to complete a SF97:

• Trailers – VIN#, Year, Make, Model, Body Style, and Weight
      • Vehicles – VIN#, Year, Make, Model, Body Style, Weight, MILEAGE, Number of engine cylinders and Fuel type
      • (Any missing information will delay our processing of your request)

1. Complete the electronic Request for SF97 form found in the Forms section of the website (must be logged in to access this section). You are solely responsible for researching state requirements for titling and registration in your state and determining if the documentation provided by us will be accepted by your state or local Department of Motor Vehicles.
      2. We are not responsible for, nor liable for, any unauthorized use or operation of vehicles sold by us, for vehicles that are not legally registered with the state in which they are intended to be operated in, or for obtaining insurance and insuring vehicles that have been sold prior to any operation of the vehicle.
      3. You are solely responsible for obtaining any necessary state or local permits allowing you to move any vehicle from the location of the sale. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless for your failure to comply with the provisions of this section. Vehicles described as "residue" will be provided SF-97s will not be issued any title documents.
      4. Any inspections required in order to complete a title application must be done at your expense and under your supervision. Check with your state regarding the requirements for applying for title prior to placing a bid.
      5. Where an original SF97 was provided to the customer for a conveyance sold by GL, requests for duplicate SF97s will be forwarded to the Vehicle Titling Department for their approval or rejection. GL has no obligation to provide duplicate documentation, and cannot guarantee that duplicate documentation will be made available. Where an original SF97 is provided to the customer for a conveyance sold by GL, at the time of transfer GL will assign the SF97 to customer via a Letter of Re-assignment.