• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gl lack of cucv's

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Where have you been?

They sold at least two huge lots of them last week....one lot was at Camp Shelby and there were at least 20 trucks in that lot.

If you want one the time to jump is when there is a large lot of them.

As with the dueces the price will creep back up as the supply dries up.

ABN173

Sure some cucv II's may hit the auction, however there were not that many purchased by the government/DOD to begin with.

ABN173

If you want one the time to jump is when there is a large lot of them.

As with the deuces the price will creep back up as the supply dries up.
Oh you right about that WM! I missed to many opportunities due to lack of funding, now that I have some funds I can't find any A2's

-Dale

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gl Only has five cucv left where are all the trucks going ?? Are they getting ready to bring in some cucv II'S
There where over 80,000 CUCVs purchased by the Military, and from what I have heard only a few thousand (one sources says 800) of the CUCV-II. Most went overseas

Deuces numbered in the hundreds of thousands.

At some point they will all be gone.

ryan77

This comes up once a month, wait a month there will be another big lot of them!!!!! But they will run out some day.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They wont last forerver... Anyone waiting for another huge batch of CUCV's or M44 series to be sold off might be dissappointed. Are there some out there, here and there, yes. But the big bulk numbers of them are gone. Are there one or two here and there still in use, yes. But in "big" use, no. Im sure someone will point to the WWII Converto Trailer that is currently for sale by Uncle Sam, saying "look, there are still some out there in use by Uncle"... Yes, your right, but how often does that happen?

SPCWarning

It won't be long before it's considered "cool" by some to clone a civvy Blazer or Pickup into a CUCV. Paint, shackles, pintle, etc. It's probably already been done.
I'm always at the wrong place at the wrong time when the lots hit Shelby. When I'm at the right place there's always something else that needs the MV funds. Dang. At least I have ONE.

Stan Leschert

The CUCVs are being held back by GL for forklift pratice.
When the operator gets skilled enough at causing the most damage in one single pass,
they graduate to demilling the M35 series.

The guys who handle the 5 ton equipment are really skilled!

sandcobra164

As for Guard units with CUCV's, I've not seen one in GA for quite some time. We turned our only CUCV in, a M1009, about 2 years ago. Some are still being used on larger installations by "Observer Controller's" during training evolutions by Senior NCO's since they certainly look different than a HMMWV and you can tell where they are at.

stampy

I see a lot of them in civilian service ie local government use. Some are going the GSA route many are sold on the side of the road or at local gov auctions.

K9Vic

I see a lot of them in civilian service ie local government use. .
The most recent M1009 I bought was used by local government bought through the DRMO program and they used it for 2 years and sold it at public auction. The state of Texas gets good used military vehicles and sells them to the local municipalities. So you never know when a CUCV will show up at a city auction and I have bought two of them this way, M1010 & M1009.

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The CUCVs are being held back by GL for forklift pratice.
When the operator gets skilled enough at causing the most damage in one single pass,
they graduate to demilling the M35 series.

The guys who handle the 5 ton equipment are really skilled!
Too funny... :D

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As for Guard units with CUCV's, I've not seen one in GA for quite some time. We turned our only CUCV in, a M1009, about 2 years ago. Some are still being used on larger installations by "Observer Controller's" during training evolutions by Senior NCO's since they certainly look different than a HMMWV and you can tell where they are at.
Same here at Shelby - installation and training brigades were told to turn in all CUCVs and replaced by HMMWVs...

Most CUCVs here were the Blazers (for OC use) and a small number of pickups and contact trucks (which are still being used - not all of them turned in).

Grega

My M1009 was bought at the Manhiem auto auction two years ago. It was from the Nebraska National Guard. It sold with a number of other state owned vechicles. The national guard kepted very good maintance on it untill the day they sold it. Including new batteries, CDR valve and tires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks