• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow Plug Question

cjkeeliii

I've an m1008 with AC60G plugs. I noticed some time ago that the GP card would cycle the plugs more than usual and that on one of the cycles it would activate the plugs for a long time. It has gotten to the point where at least once during the warm-up period it will activate the plugs for several minutes without a break until it thinks the engine is warm enough. So far it hasn't swollen the plugs, but I now smell hot wiring. My temporary solution is to unplug the card after the engine starts. What is causing this? All of this started when I installed a new radiator.

It probably doesn't matter since I'm going to convert the truck to a push button, but I'd like any ideas on the cause. Also, I'd like to remove any wiring no longer needed after the coversion as I don't like a bunch of clutter. Can I also remove the temperature sensor associated with the glow plugs? Thanks for any help.

pigfoot63

Did you check your thermostat. My 08 will average around 200 most of the time summer or winter and it has a 190 thermostat. I have the push button and it works well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks