• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug STOCK wiring

detroitdiesel4x4

Tried downloading a TM but it made my computer freeze :( When I bought my cucv the glow plugs didn't work, and the P/O used ether to start the truck, wich I've done as well, but that will hopefully stop as soon as possible. What I want to do is wire the glow plugs STOCK so I get a wait light etc....and I'll eventually wire each one to a l.e.d on the dash so I know when and when are they aren't on or off. I don't want to do a pushbutton, or a toggle switch or any of that, just stock. Each glow plug has a blade plug plugged into it. It goes into a wire loom and then I don't know where else. I've located the "plug card" under the dash, so that's there. On the firewall, next to the master cylinder, there is a black plastic solenoid looking thing with two posts, each one has a wire on it. Not to far towards the drivers side there is another solenoid looking thingy, this one is silver with a few posts on it....2 big wires and I think 2 little ones...the 2 big wires aren't connected, I think theres an orange ontop and a red on the bottom just hanging. They look like they go there, but I put them on yesterday and I still got no glow according to the battery gauge in the cab. There should be a significant drop when glowing, correct? So what wires go where?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right click on the TM and SAVE it to your computer. Then you can open it quickly & easily.

Schematics will be in the back of the -20 & -34 TMs.

There is also information in the "stickies" at the top of the CUCV forum page.

Last edited:
Detroitdiesel, I dont know where you are? I m in Pt Pleasant and I have 2 stock trucks that have fully stock systems that you can view,take pictures that might be easier for you to understand but once you see it makes the TMs a bit less scarey. Pm if you need help.

Tm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks