• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

going to bob my 5ton, have some questions

DeuceNewb

first off, rear springs. Can 105 trailer springs be used? I've got one I can use if it will take the weight.
if not, next choice would be deuce front springs in the hope that they wouldn't be as stiff and ride better than 5 ton front springs.
Also, I've heard people talk about rotating the brake cans to clear the springs, can somebody better explain that to me or provide a picture?

as far as the bed I plan on cutting it down and re using the stock one

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
No,you need front 5 ton springs,I have bobbed quite a few 5 tons,on the 939 series.You can loosen the brake cans and turn them a little,and repipe a couple of the air lines.

DeuceNewb

I won't be hauling other than a few people, and might tow my boat every now and then, it weighs 10,700 with a tongue weight near 1k. might also tow a car trailer with a 2k tongue load