• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got One!

taildragger03

After a long search, I have got my M1028!

Want to thank everyone on Steel Soldiers for the dialog and information in helping me decide on this vehicle. I hope to contribute information regarding the continued use of these vehicles.

Now if I can find out why the Gen 2 light comes on at 60 mph?
Off to the TM's for that discovery, or anyone else who wishes to dive into this issue.

Thanks again everyone!

Attachments

greg6459

Congrats!

Be careful winding that up to 60...
I don't take mine over 45 with the 4.56's...
Don't want to lose the main bearings...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After a long search, I have got my M1028!

Want to thank everyone on Steel Soldiers for the dialog and information in helping me decide on this vehicle. I hope to contribute information regarding the continued use of these vehicles.

Now if I can find out why the Gen 2 light comes on at 60 mph?
Off to the TM's for that discovery, or anyone else who wishes to dive into this issue.

Thanks again everyone!
Congrats on the truck.

Sounds like a slipping belt or time for a alternator rebuild.

You can have it tested at your local parts store. Just tell them to clamp the ground wire to the Gound lug and not the case.

taildragger03

Yeah, the GV is nice and helps out the 6.2. Not really looking to build one. My neighbors are all interested and here in Reno everyone avoids her like the plague on the highway, the looks are priceless! Don't wanted to give a bad image though. The kids love it! So it gets the parents to take a look. The dads all seem to want one after they look.

Hey Warthog, as for the Gen 2 light, that was the next step and test the alternator and the belt. I got two addition alternators with the truck (one isolated and one not) so I may just rebuild them all. Cheap insurance for sure since the system is still 12v and 24v. Will get back to you all on the outcome with the alternator.

Again Thanks all for the input and support!!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

taildragger03

Having to wait for the weather to clear before I can get to this. Never fails when you get something new. Been reading up on Spring Hill electrics and rebuilding the alternators. Not to difficult though. Have a pretty good electronics store here in Reno that carry the isolator washers.
Will get back to you all on this.