• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got rid of my 156ft vessel!

BlueToes

Finally it's done! Got out from under my 156 ft vessel! As the years went by, the price of scrap got surpassed by the cost of mooring fees. Found a guy who would haul it away from the harbor for free, and under that condition, the harbor master and city peoples are going to eliminate all proceedign mooring fees. And at this time them fees are at 89k. So now im down to only 2/5 ulcers!

Attachments

mktopside

Banned
For some reason this thread makes me go "WTF" and "That's awesome, that guy has a ship!!!".

I'm sure it was a pain though, the coolest things always are.

jluv1185

How, and why do you have a ship? I mean...who the **** owns a ship? But then again I bet people say the same thing about old green trucks... Congrats on the unshipping.

mktopside

Banned
This thread need more pics, and a good long story to explain how this came to be.

However, does the OP win the largest surplus vehicle owned prize?

LOL, and to think HOAs complain about MVs.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I understand the need to scrap her, but as a mariner, it sure is tough to see the old girl go to the scrap yard.......

Sasquatch

Before I got my M1008 I thought about this 126' 1927 USCG Ship for my MV.
http://www.dockstreetbrokers.com/listing_detail.php?id=727

BOAT= Break out another thousand, but I think a boat this big is a BOATT, Break Out Another Ten Thousand

I think you could moor a boat that big outside the harbor and not pay the moorage fees, $90k is nuts, they're oooonnnllyy asking $125k for this one.

Funny thing is I think my wife would rather have the USCG ship[thumbzup], she doesn't like bumpy water, and it can get bumpy quick up here in AK, if only I could afford it, not to mention a 20 gallon tank is a lot easier to fill up than 16,000 gallons:shock: