• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP temp switch thread pitch

cshaw07

I ordered the temp sensor and harness for the GP system from CUCV Electric and when i went to install it (in the driverside rear head where the old coax cable one was) i found that the thread pitch of the new switch is way different from the old one. My M1009 is a 1985, it seems the port in the head for the switch is 5/8th pipe thread and the sensor i ordered is I'm guessing NPT thread. I emailed them and they told me they've never had this issue before. What gives? I know its the right sensor i replaced because of the coax cable, the one in the front driver side head is the dummy light sensor and the one in the rear pass head is for the cold advance. All i know is its getting colder and colder and I'd like to have the GP system working good asap.

Thanks guys,
Curtis

MT4222

I replaced mine with the cucv electric part. When I pulled my old sensor there was an adapter piece on it. It adapted it from a larger hole.and bigger thread to a smaller hole and smaller thread. This piece was stuck to my old sensor. I had to put it into a vice and work the old sensor out of the adapter.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once again the parts manual will help you find the required part.

In the TM 9-2320-289-20P manual, Figure 19, item #1.

GM 444034, BUSHING, PIPE - used on all the truck except the type 194 M1008 (have you ever looked up the UOC codes in the front on the TMs?)

Googling 444034 you will find a listing at www.wbparts.com (one of my favorites for finding specs)

4730-01-196-4551, 444034, 490-095, 01-196-4551 Bushing,Pipe

The bushing is made of brass, has an external thread size of 0.500-14 NPT and an internal thread size of 0.375-18 NPT

So the part in question is a brass 1/2"-14 pitch by 3/8"-18 pitch bushing. Possibly available at your local hardware store or GM dealership

Last edited: