• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gurgling sound in air filter

Tacitus

Very new to military vehicles, have a M923 I just use on the farm. It’s often started and driven short distance then shut down. I do drive on the road some. Started it half hour ago just to move it to flat ground to check diff fluid. It ran maybe 5 minutes. Shut it down, sitting in the truck answering a text and heard a gurgling sound. Coming from the air intake. Gurgling sound last about 2 seconds then about 6 seconds of nothing. Took fuel cap off & listened, not coming from there. Opened the air filter housing, dry inside, but could hear the gurgling. All air intake lines appear to be intact. So I assume the sound is coming from the engine. Anyone else ever had this happen? Anything to be concerned about? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Tacitus

OK thank you, I should have added that all fluids are topped off, recent oil & filter change, I bleed the air tanks at the end of the day. Constantly check air & oil pressure and engine temp. Air pressure is slow to bleed down when shut down between jobs during the day. Low miles & hours after rebuild, if meters are correct. Seems to be in really good condition.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks