• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard to shift OUT of 3rd.

SMOKEWAGON66

Well, the military put gear oil in everything, so I think you would have been fine. Some say the oil makes it too easy to shift and they sometimes bump the reverse gear when they shift to second gear.
now are you talkin bout the A3? 'cuz i thought, and checked/double checked in my TM that GO was used in the manual shift trannys....OE/HDO would be too thin....

Which are you referring to? 30w in the trannys for A3's or?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
now are you talkin bout the A3? 'cuz i thought, and checked/double checked in my TM that GO was used in the manual shift trannys....OE/HDO would be too thin....

You are looking in the army book. The manufacturer states 30wt.

KsM715

A2

You are looking in the army book. The manufacturer states 30wt.

Yep, after searching and reading a bunch of differing opinions( http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/47921-gl-1-gear-oil-alternative.html ) I decided to go with SAE30. I wanted 40w but couldnt find it locally and I will be draining it and refilling again soon so I went with 30.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks