• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard top shape question ?

bigbird1

ok, I just got my first m35a2 with hard top, belonged to a young guy who only had it a month and used it as his only mode of transportation , that didn't last long lol . but the hard top looked to be bowed in in the center, is the top back hump straight across or does it have a dip in the center like maybe he and his girlfriend sat on it?

dmetalmiki

The hard tops just seem to get sat on / stood on! for some reason..I personally "pushed" the bows out of mine. All three of them.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The hard tops got abused in service alot of units sop was to store the camo nets and poles up there. In the desert the higher up you are the farther you can see so folks on OP would stand and sit up there.2cents

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put a 2/6 through the door window openings and jack the top back into shape with a bottle jack and a piece of wood against the top. If you're careful it will correct the problem almost 100%. If you are not careful - - - - -

bigbird1

Great, will give it a try, I had blamed it on a big girl all this week and in fact it might be military misuse lol thanks guys This thing is great I think I'm in love!!!!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldnt call it military misuse.. It's soliders doing what they have to do with camo netting, and making the camo nets easy to deploy and use. Take the net, roll one side to the middle, and repeat with the other. Makes camo'ing vehicles much easier. Especially 5K tankers.

Flyingvan911

The hard top was the only part of the deuce not over built. I wonder why no one thought that the roof of a big truck might be sat or stood on by soldiers.