• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone swapped a light duty truck cab onto a Deuce chasis?

Speedwoble

73-87 Cab
Interestingly, there were some changes to the cabs through the years. The 73's did not come with drip rails above the doors, nor did they have provisions for shoulder belts. They also used a glass fuse blocks. That I can tell the shoulder belts, ATC? fuses, and drip rails changed for the 75 model year.

Well i see i am not the first one to have this idea then. I am really going to start looking into this though i dont see any keeping the stock front end. I still havent gotten a chance to take any measurements. i would preffer a 90s+ cabs that would have modern power windows, nice captain seats and shoulder belts plus an ac condensor and blower box should i decided i want to use one.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well i see i am not the first one to have this idea then. I am really going to start looking into this though i dont see any keeping the stock front end. I still havent gotten a chance to take any measurements. i would preffer a 90s+ cabs that would have modern power windows, nice captain seats and shoulder belts plus an ac condensor and blower box should i decided i want to use one.
And plenty of electronics to go with it.

quickfarms

On the fords the firewall and floors are a lot different in the medium duty trucks. Depending on the engine you may or may not have a doghouse in the cab. The floor an the medium duty does not have a transmission hump.

I would start with a civilan medium or heavy duty truck, add the transfer cas and swap the axles to make it work. If you do not use the 900 series axles make sure that the truck has hydrolic brakes. also with the gear ratios in the axles you want a truck that has an overdrive trans in it.

Id say the newer electric wipers, power windows, and blower/defroster system is far superior to that of anything in the deuce and far outweigh anything negative about them being electric. I dont plan on fording 50" of water either.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks