• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin 2009: SS 10th Anniversary Rally June 10-14

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Chris, renting the whole park would be a HUGE fee. What about trying for just the fenced area? I think that is more realistic.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Chris, renting the whole park would be a HUGE fee. What about trying for just the fenced area? I think that is more realistic.
Yeah, I'm just being overly optimistic. You know, if we 300 vehicles there instead of 30! :-D I figure since we are getting an early start, we might have a shot at making this a really big event. I wonder what it would cost to rent a pulling sled for the day? We could do sled pulls on Saturday :p

It's been too long since I have been there. How much land is in the fenced area?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A sled would be cool.... I didn't get to GA, did you guys have a cook, and charge for the food, like the FL rally? To have set food times might be a idea.

There is 800 acres total, fenced area is pretty big. I tried to make a map of the trails last year, didn't get it done in time.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The fenced area might be just right for us then.

We could do the food a few different ways.

1. Everyone fends for themselves for every meal
  2. Breakfast and Lunch are on you and SS provides the dinner with fee
  3. SS finds a food vendor that wants to sell on site for those who don't want to fend for themselves.
I am leaning toward #2. People will be going so many different directions during the day that it would be hard to do one big meal. For dinner, we would sell advanced tickets so we know how many to provide for and allow for a little extra for those last minute folks.

How does the week of April 20-26 look to everyone? Summer has been too stinking hot. I don't want to do any crotch-pot-cooking this year. June is Aberdeen month so we would lose folks who want to do both. April would still be cool in the evenings for bonfires and we would have some rain during the month to keep the mud holes full. If it rains a lot that month, then we'll have mud drags instead of sled pulls :twisted:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
They have a basic kitchen for burgers and the like. Don't know its hours though.
Oh yeah, forgot about that. Thanks Chris. So, we could do big group dinners on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for everyone who is interested. Anyone who doesn't want to chow with us can go to the Haspin Mess Hall.

Cabell, you want to drive up and cook a hog for us one night?! That was some good pig at Aberdeen 2 years ago! The deep fried turkeys weren't too shabby either!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If my tent has survived the last 8 months on the ground at Mike's dad's house, I might could send it up with JW4x4 for the event. April would be more doable for me but the boys would have to stay home. When is typical spring break?

Boatcarpenter

Wow, I sure would like to make this one:-D But this is what Mapquest comes up with for me:
Estimated Time: 14 hours 51 minutes Estimated Distance: 850.83 miles
I don't think they are talking Deuce time though:cry: That averages out to 56+MPH
Could be a couple of long 9-10 hour days.
BC

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It'd be a haul for you in a deuce, but we have faith in you!! I did it a couple of years ago in my Dodge and it was about 14 hours. Phew!

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I want to attend but suspect it with be with a picture of my deuce rather than in my deuce. Long drive. One of the three of us will be there, with or without the steel.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
BC, might be able to lend a truck if you wanted to fly in. If all mine are not ready, Crusher might have an extra, he is always trying to get someone to convoy out with him.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks