• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater and grill cover parts identification help

windyhill

Hello I'm in need of help identifying these parts I bought when I got my deuce a while back. I'd like to sell them but don't want to list the wrong parts.

Grill cover I'm guessing NOS M35A2? It has part # 7978798
There's another cover that says Brush guard cover 10885561

Then there are some miscellaneous M35A2 parts I believe. 2 new wheel cylinders (2530 00-495-8784 on box), two thermostats and what looks like a nos 2 hole slave hookup, but this might go with the heater?
Heater Parts:
I thought this was a complete heater kit for a m35A2 but then poking around on the internet I found a kit for a m151 Mutt which looks similar to like what I have?
(This is the image I found, and it sure looks like all the parts I have. Are the heater kits the similar?
heater setup.jpg
Here are my parts:
IMG_1843.jpg
IMG_1850.JPG IMG_1835.jpgIMG_1838.jpg
IMG_1849.jpgIMG_1842.jpgIMG_1840.jpg
Any help is appreciated, I am rather new to the military hobby. Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

beastm35

It looks like coolant hoses the duck work and heater that I have in my m35a2. The winter front looks right The yellow paper looks like the bolts to install everything .Which is plastic bags some duct work maybe missing though. Do you have the hood scoop for the air intake which go's on the fold down part above the fender there's a cut out for it.

windyhill

Nice deuce! Ya that sure looks like it. What is the other cover for? it almost looks like it would fit over the winch, but that doesn't make much sense to me for a winterization kit.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice deuce! Ya that sure looks like it. What is the other cover for? it almost looks like it would fit over the winch, but that doesn't make much sense to me for a winterization kit.
Actually.....when you think of suddenly needing the winch after it has been packed with snow and ice for days, it makes sense to keep it covered. Not for warmth, but to keep the frozen stuff away from things that should turn and unwind smoothly.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Looks like you've got a bunch of m151 jeep heater parts. The "other" cover is a m151 series grille cover, the small light openings are for the blackout lights on the a1. The heater setup with the door that swings open up top is for m151s, it comes up through the cowl. At a glance I'd say you have an entire m151 heater kit.

The larger grille cover is close but doesn't look quite right for a deuce either. A post on SS says the number on it goes back to m39 series 5 ton. I've got some of each to compare it to, I'd say it's for a without winch truck as the others have a reinforced area where the clutch handle sits.

windyhill

:???: Thanks, I re looked at the 151 heater kit picture, and I have almost every piece in that kit. I wish I had a picture of a deuce heater setup laid out to compare. I'm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks