• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater Blower Motor Noises

prairie

M1008 heater blower is intermittently making lots of noise, although it works just fine. A rumbling, rattling sound, sometimes a slight screeching noise. Very loud and annoying, and happens more often everyday. I am assuming that the blower motor is going bad.
Will check with the local NAPA to see if they have the correct NAPA part #655-1076 in stock.
Anything else I may need? I hate to tear things apart and not have parts readily available, as it may be several days or possibly even weeks before i have time to work on it again.

Thanks in advance

Westech

CPL
motor... but you have to remove it before you can replace it.

GM fan motors dont have bearings they have bushings... really most blower moth=ors just have bushings. I have taken them out and used some three in one oil or air tool oil and that does the trick for a little while.