• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Florida (NWF)

kendive

New to this site and love learning new stuff. I joined because I will be getting a few gensets such as the 831a and 802a. Maybe an 803a 10kw but really don't need that much power. One for the cabin and one for the house. I would like to leave the small one up at our property for backup power I already installed a small 400 watt off grid solar system and have an 1800 watt sinewave inverter works well. The land is mainly for shooting I love to shoot and have a 200 yard range setup there.

Been already reading and reading about these generators. I have three now a Honda 2000, Yamaha 2800 I installed the propane kits in them and they work well. I like the idea of Diesel and electric start. :)

Thanks for all the info found here!!!

NRA Lifetime Member

USAF Gulf War Vet.

Last edited:

kendive

New to this site and love learning new stuff. I joined because I will be getting a few gensets such as the 831a and 802a. Maybe an 803a 10kw but really don't need that much power. One for the cabin and one for the house. I would like to leave the small one up at our property for backup power I already installed a small 400 watt off grid solar system and have an 1800 watt sinewave inverter works well. The land is mainly for shooting I love to shoot and have a 200 yard range setup there.

Been already reading and reading about these generators. I have three now a Honda 2000, Yamaha 2800, and a cheap champion 3000. I installed the propane kits in them and they work well. I like the idea of Diesel and electric start. :)

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ken,
Welcome from Kentucky. Now you'll need a nice deuce or 5 ton to carry all those generators.....

kendive

Ken,
Welcome from Kentucky. Now you'll need a nice deuce or 5 ton to carry all those generators.....
Yea would love to have one. I drove a deuce in Saudi during the Gulf War. I was alot younger then too...

I have a very extensive Military Munitions collection. I am really into collecting that type of stuff.

If I can post pics pics yet here is a small sample.

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very interesting collection. Hope it all came from a legit source. Is that a black suburban parked out in front of your house?

kendive

Very interesting collection. Hope it all came from a legit source. Is that a black suburban parked out in front of your house?
LOL I don't worry about that. Yes all inert and legal to own. I have restored alot of it myself.

If they wanted me they would have come a long time ago.

All the Class 3 NFA stuff I own they know who I am...

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Been already reading and reading about these generators. I have three now a Honda 2000, Yamaha 2800 I installed the propane kits in them and they work well. I like the idea of Diesel and electric start. :)

NRA Lifetime Member

USAF Gulf War Vet.

Welcome aboard :-D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

You may have joined to find some GenSets, but don't be surprised when you start finding trucks, parts, and awesome comrades too.

Again, WELCOME !!!