• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help I need the cup in the fuel filters

ida34

I finally got around to changing fuel filters. They were not that bad. I did find that some GI had put my final filter together missing the cup that seals to the bottom of the filter. Does anyone have one or a filter cannister assembly that has one? If so let me know a price. If no one has one to sell I will have to check with Memphis later this week.

Thanks
Chuck

ida34

I do have the spring and all the washers. The cup was the only thing missing. If you can find it let me know how much you want. You are set up for paypal aren't you?

Thanks
Chuck

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looked at the one extra I have, but it's very corroded around the outside edge. It will do the job, but you may be better off getting a new one from somebody else.
If you still want this one, I'll send it 1st class mail tomorrow at no charge. Just provide a mailing addy.

ida34

Bjorn,
Mephis did not have any. I guess it is made out of the same stuff as Kenny's hydraulic fittings (unobtainium). I am sending a PM now. I will see what I can do with it. If it is too bad I can tack a washer around the outside edge.

ida34

Thanks Bjorn. No hurry. I probably won't get to it this weekend. Too booked up with child activities (the kids not mine).

Thanks Again

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll check my supply to see if mine are any better. If they are, I'll get you one for the next fuel filter change.

ida34

Memphis Equipment said I could use a washer but I think this would compress the spring too much. I appreciate it Kenny. Nice to see you got the promotion from village idiot to slick.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slick is kinda an inside joke. I was battling some folks on the mil-veh list who were throwing bombs at Steel Soldiers and one of them called me that! Guess it stuck! Doubt that I'll get to check for that cup tomorrow but Wed fer sure.

ida34

I will make sure it seals tight. I could get a fender washer then use my unibit to get just the right diameter. The spring would have to compress an extra 3/8 of an inch or so and I worry about over stressing the spring. With your cup I could just use the middle part and tack it to a washer and it will give the proper step for the spring.

ida34

I just got some. They seemed kind of unuseful to me until I saw the folks on American Chopper using one. I bought cheap ones from Harbor Freight and I got to use them for the first time this weekend. I had to drill a 3/4 inch hole in a fuel tank. It drilled like a knife threw butter. It really suprised me how fast it made the hole and how easy it was. A hole saw would have done the same but not as fast or easy. I am sold on them.

Gatnom

Another option is to use one of the epoxy metals like Belzona super metal, locktight cold weld, JB, etc. I've had good success on pumpshafts and the lke. Just make sure it's clean, (sandblast and wash with something like 111 Trich). It can then be filed, tuned, or surface ground flat. Probably a lot better fix than necessary, but as close to "new" as you can get it. Dave

ida34

Thanks. I will post how I get it done. I never remember to take picture when I start this stuff. I mean to but forget in my rush to get stuff done. I asked my daughter to take pictures and got the "aw dad!!!" response.