• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help me with a 'new' black out switch?

four_by_ken

Well... driving the new to me M1009 about a week ago. Stopped to eat. Started back up and no lights. Hmmm... so I messed with the switch, up/down, etc. Nothing for a good 30 seconds, the bingo on they come. Cool.

Was fine until the other night. Waiting for someone with the truck running and started to mess with the switch. Lights all went out... but not back on. Took about 10 minutes of flipping the switch and screwing around to get it to come on. Just all of a sudden came on when I jumped out of the truck. Just coincidence.

Now today on the way home from work... nothing.... all the way home. Pull into the parking spot and mess with it for 10 minutes. The lights all came on for about 5 seconds and I turned the switch back off to see if it would come back on. Nope.

So.. I am guessing that the switch has gone bad. I would like to keep the black out system, but I cant seem to find a replacement switch.

Can someone help with this?

four_by_ken

I bid $30 and outbid already. This is nuts. For this price, I think I will just swap in a substitute DPDT switch. I dont care if its not locking.

four_by_ken

Turns out I no longer need a switch. It was a fuse that didnt quite blow as it should it. Fuse actually melted before it blew... connection would come and go.

So, swapped out all fuses for new ones.

But, now no turn signals. :x

For those that wanted to know... to jump out the black out switch...

orange to orange w/black tracer
and
white to white w/white tracer.