• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help on setting idle on new pump

Hey all, I just did a search on the "proper" method to set the throttle rod to my new injection pump and still need some advise.
I purchased a new ip and when i finished installing it I went to hook up the throttle rod linkage to the pump lever and found it was too short....the pump lever was so far forward th\at the existing settings were too short for this setup. No biggy, I loosened the nut at the ball joint and lenghtened the rod to a safe lenght, then went up and unscrewed the "fork' that connects to the pump lever til it was almost off. At this point I have enough to connect the rod and set the low idle to 850 rpms, but there is no way the thottle cable will even reach to be hooked up. I read the trouble shooting manual and seen where it says; "DO NOT, REPEAT DO NOT remove the operating lever shaft from the shaft to obtain the correct travel" So I will go with the experts at this point and not move the lever to correct the far forward lever...
Has anyone else had there lever that far forward that they have run into this? The truck runs awsome, but the lever is so far forward that it was, is a concern.. has anyone moved the lever and did or did not notice any power changes?
Any insight would be great, as the searches and manuals have no corresponding info to correct a problem like this....

Thanks so much for your time

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks