• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help w/mil beadlock identification

FlatlinesUp

I got these wheels from Ebay last year and they still pop up now and then.
They're supposed to be used on some type of .mil one ton truck. They're 16" aluminum beadlocks made by hutchinson and have the internal beadlock similar to the hummvv w/o the runflats.

Anyone know what truck(s) they were used on?
Know what Oring size is?
See them at DRMO?
Have any extras laying around? :wink:

I'm in the process of putting on some used 36" swampers on them and stuffing them (with a little work) under my '05 2500HD 4door chevy

Thanks in advance for the help!
Britt

PS Placed it here w/the other "recent" 8 bolt wheel vehicles... if it is better in another subforum, please move it or alert me

Last edited:

FlatlinesUp

16", or 16.5"?
def. 16" and not 16.5's

The current ebay seller is saying they're from a Homland Security contract that HS determined they were too costly to change flats on etc ... which sounds like made up story (I got them over a year ago and didn't get the story).

I've looked up the GM# on them as well as called hutchinson (got the "we'll call you back run around). I've also googled the best I can and can't find any pics of them on any style Homeland Security truck or any story about them.

I think the Oring is the same size as the one used on the 16.5 (#458) going by the measurements (approx 14.5"x.250"), and I'm going to order some to confirm fitment on Monday.

Once I get the spares in and they fit, I'll post up my rebuild/service pics etc

N Arizona

I looked around for these rims and they came from a border patrol truck. There is a set of them on ebay now that I would like to get for my M1028. What would be a good price for a set of four?

Attachments

Monkeyboyarmy

Do they look like this?:-D Yes.Border Patrol trucks that have the Enhanced Mobility Package designed for the military CUCVIII trucks.They have the rubber beadlocks inside and usually have the tire pressure and temperature sensor tire valve.I just picked up 2 more for another truck.They are heavy though.

Attachments

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

Do they look like this?:-D Yes.Border Patrol trucks that have the Enhanced Mobility Package designed for the military CUCVIII trucks.They have the rubber beadlocks inside and usually have the tire pressure and temperature sensor tire valve.I just picked up 2 more for another truck.They are heavy though.
Old post, but do you know where I could get a set of these rims at ? I would like to put them on my 2005 LSSV.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking at using H1 wheels but I would like something lighter. how heavy are they? Also it there another source for them other then EBAY?

I don't know what the wheels weigh but, they are not lightweights. I picked Monkeyboyarmy's extra wheel up one time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks