• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help with M925 pneumatic electric brake controller installation.

ida34

I have a need to pull an electric brake equipment trailer. I am using a pneumatic controller that is actuated by tying it into the brake circuit. I then plan to run the 12 volt trailer on an independent battery. Basically I need to know where to tap for the line to the controller. Hydraulic is pretty easy and I putting an old style hydraulic brake controller on my Deuce. All the different air lines running all over the place has me a bit overwhelmed. I hope to tap off at the brake pedal as it would be the shortest run. Which line would I tap? I see 2 lines coming in and 2 lines coming out. Is there an extra port on the brake pedal valve I can use instead of tapping the line? I see several port plugs. If I can't figure it out I will just run the trailer brake line back and tap it as far forward as I can. My truck is an abs truck as I am sure most are so I do not want to mess with anything that will screw up the abs. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Chuck

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Cant you use an electric controller that taps off a brake light? You can use a relay and tap 12v between the batteries for actuation if it wont take a 24v input. I dont see how you would use a separate battery for trailer lights control unless you used a relay for each function.

ida34

I am not using 12 volts for the trailer lights. Only the trailer brakes so using the pneumatic controller eliminates using any relays and gives a more accurate proportional brake control than the electric on or off triggering of the electric controllers. I am using 12v-24v led lights on the trailer and running them through a home make adapter between the military trailer connection and the 7 pin rv plug I am using. The 12 volt battery will only run the brakes. Basically, I am adding two wires running back to the trailer adapter and nothing else is changing on the truck. I can then move the adapter between the Deuce and the 5 ton. I appreciate the input but the pneumatic controller is bought and will be used. I was just hoping for some input from guys that may be more experienced with air brakes than I am.

Thanks
Chuck

Jason O

The foot valve (pedal) has extra outlets for applied brake pressure. It shouldnt make a difference whether you use the primary or secondary air circuit. If I'm remembering correctly they are 1/4 NPT plugs, removed with an allen wrench.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't answer your questions but I do happen to have some pictures handy of one that is removed. Maybe it'll help someone point out which ones need to be used.

Left Side

IMG_20150219_244209_113.jpg

Right Side

IMG_20150219_244144_753.jpg

Back Side

IMG_20150219_244229_563.jpg

ida34

Good to see you stopping in Chuck!

Hope to see you at Findlay this year.
Hi Gimpy. You know I will be there. I traded the HMMWV for a halftrack. It will not make it to Findley this year but will next year. The trailer stuff is go haul the track. I need to pull the injectors on the five ton before I start using it for the tow vehicle. Right now my F350 and Deuce will have to do. I am getting fuel in my oil on the five ton and hope it is only injector orings.

I still check on the place but have not had too much time to do much online discussion.

Chuck