• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMMT, new arrival

OSO

On 4/28/07 swung over to see DMA251 newest truck HEMMT.He has some work to do, but have no fear, it's going to look great when done! Great running Detroit 8V92. Needs a few things , Damon is up to it. He did all that work on his 5 Ton. Let's wait for the results! [thumbzup] OSO

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
nopics

OSO

Hey you guys I asked what kind of camera you use for pics. No one answered back ! I have an old Hasselblad camera, roll film ,not digital. Please let me know most of you use! :beer:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i know how you feel, i have my daughters hand me down camera, and i cant get the hang of it, so latley i have been makiing her take the pics and email them to me. she hates to be disturbed to. ill have to learn Tim

dma251

How is this to start? We just unloaded on Saturday - All I've had the time to do yet is pull the crumpled right fender and spare time carrier. I've dropped the windshields and rear windows off at the glass shop to have new ones made. I'm making the rear windows in smoked safety glass. The front windshields are just standard green tinted laminated safety glass.

I've got the front skidpalte and grill at a local fab shop being straightened (they are dented in at the top) and the left front fender is going to the same shop to be used as a pattern for two new replacement front fenders.

I've ordered a pressure sandblaster and will begin blasting the cab as soon as my 5-ton sells and I buy a new RV garage in the next month or so.

The truck runs sweet, though. I can't stop driving it around the neighborhood! Does anyone have any idea where I can find an aircleaner lid and some headlight buckets/retainer rings?

Attachments

area52

take pictures with the roll film camera and when you get them developed, tell them you want em on CD. Put CD into your computer and upload pics and post em!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's awesome DMA, really cool! :beer:

dma251

Here's a couple more - the two women are the truck drivers. The little one busted open all the binders and whipped that brand new Volvo into my tight little neighborhood. She was the 20 ear old daughter of the owner of the HEMTT. The other gal was an employee of his learning to drive trucks. Really nice folks.

By the way - I got a call from the owner saying he had gotten a call from one of the other bidders on Ebay saying he would give me $5000 more then I paid for it if I would sell it to him... Swear to god it's true.....

Attachments