• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

High Altitude testing.

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

I went high up into the Sierra's today and it was very warm. I was worried about overheating due to the long steep climb from 7000 feet up to 10300 feet and dozens of switchbacks. The 6.2 held 200 degrees the entire trip. I learned that the switchbacks were built by jeepers and not by CUCV owners. There were a couple narrow places I had to place the tires half off the cliff and it was off camber leaning towards death. Overall an uneventful trip. The M1028 did outstanding and set a new record for the hotest cab temperature of the group (it reminded my of sitting in an aluminum SAMT (slow, a$$, moving, target, aka M998) at 29 palms). The exhaust gets very think and dark at that altitude. Breath taking views......

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow, gorgeous shots.

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

Yea they are 36 sx's. Locked/limited slip M1028 with 4" front springs and stock rear springs. Its a trade off having all these trails around. No Best Buy around for hours. NEVER BUY SX's for anything that goes on road. They will shake you truck apart. They are awesome for a trail vehicle.

AJMBLAZER

M1028A1ShelterCarrier said:
Yea they are 36 sx's. Locked/limited slip M1028 with 4" front springs and stock rear springs. Its a trade off having all these trails around. No Best Buy around for hours. NEVER BUY SX's for anything that goes on road. They will shake you truck apart. They are awesome for a trail vehicle.
36x??.5-16xx? SX's?

Just out of stupid curiousity, how tall are they with the weight of the vehicle on them?