• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

High Idle Help

tjmilitary

My high idle dosent work on my M1009. Can anyone tell me how to fix it. Its been cold here in Chicago area lately and I have to idle it up manually. Just want to start it up and go back into the house instead of freezing.

mangus580

tj, there is a recent discussion on this. Synopsis is, there is a temp switch somewhere that provides power to the green? wires at the injection pump. trace the wires back, and you can find the switch.

Schematics are in the TM.

dependable

Temp switch is more likely to be unplugged than bad. it is hard to get at, located near back of passenger side head. The solenoid itself is sitting on top of injector pump. sometimes that wire is off. sometimes solenoid sticks or is missallined. Easy to test if current is getting to solenoid. use volt meter at spade clip.

tjmilitary

Ok Guys. I checked and everything is plugged in. I have no power at the IP solenoid. I do have power on the wire comming into the temp sensor. I would think this means the sensor is bad. Where would I get one of thers? Thanks For your help!

m38inmaine

It does not have enough strength to operate with the throttle closed. You have to advance it with no pressure on it then try to activate it. Same thing when you start it cold, if you don't push the throttle down the plunger won't engage. The temp sensors do go bad, I just replaced one on mine, the new AC part number is 10154649, the old number in the TM is outdated. Also the plunger may need adjustment, just screw it in one or two turns if you need it to extend more.

tjmilitary

The sender seems to be ok. I do start the truck with the pedal to the floor so the plunger should come out. I also have tried to adjust it and still dosent do anything.

Broncoman

You may be able to get one off an older carburated ford car or truck from a salvage yard and make it work for you. They used something similar for advancing the idle when running A/C.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks