• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMLA-773 M-Gator

bfsteiner

Here are PIX of my USMC M-Gator. When sanding the right bed side, I found markings that indicate that it was used by as a flight line gator by the HMLA-773 “Red Dog” attack helicopter squadron in Afghanistan. I understand that TF Red Dog (Task Force) was the name of the Afghanistan operation. A similar M-Gator can be seen on YouTube, listed as “Afghanistan HMLA-773 Summer 2004-1”. CBD94827-BAA7-4716-87D2-5C4CFEBC6F47.jpegB08ABF78-ECA9-454F-B5CF-614766EBE8EF.jpeg

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whenever we get a glimpse into the actual HISTORY and PROVENANCE of our MV's we gain a certain intimate connection with the machine as well as those who used them in noble military service.

Thanks for sharing this tidbit of her "exprience" with us. I hope that you will be preserving those "marks of battle" as you progress.

She's a good lookin' Gator.

I look forward to hearing more about her and what you do with her.