• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV engine bay wash

Thunderbirds

Hey all,

I was wondering, in order to get the engine bay washed/pressure washed, what are the areas I need to pay attention to or completely avoid? I'm guessing most systems will be somewhat "waterproof" since it once had the deep water fording kit, but I wanted to know if you have experiences?

All my expertise is from being an operator, not really much a wheeled vehicle maintainer. Now UH-60 A Blackhawks, AH-64 A Apaches, and B-1 Lancer Bombers are a different story. I can give you all kinds of stories. 🤣😆🥴

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey all,

I was wondering, in order to get the engine bay washed/pressure washed, what are the areas I need to pay attention to or completely avoid? I'm guessing most systems will be somewhat "waterproof" since it once had the deep water fording kit, but I wanted to know if you have experiences?

All my expertise is from being an operator, not really much a wheeled vehicle maintainer. Now UH-60 A Blackhawks, AH-64 A Apaches, and B-1 Lancer Bombers are a different story. I can give you all kinds of stories. 🤣😆🥴
Do not do it before replacing the missing CDR valve, you have an open port into the intake, one little nut, washer, etc OR water gets in there you can wreck the engine.

Thunderbirds

Do not do it before replacing the missing CDR valve, you have an open port into the intake, one little nut, washer, etc OR water gets in there you can wreck the engine.
Good point. Thanks! I'll also do more inspections before I get to it.

You also do not need to start a new thread for every item that comes up on your project, we are all reading your original thread.
Aaahw, you're taking all the fun away. 😢😭🤯

Yea, I got it. Thanks for keeping me on track.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks