• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV titling question

Crash_AF

I was looking at the project for sale in this section but decided to make a new topic rather than take his off topic.

Does anyone know how you go about titling a 'homebuilt' HMMWV? What I mean is, a HMMVW that someone assembled from parts acquired from multiple sources.

Colorado talks about 'rebuilt from salvage' vehicles that require a receipt for all major components to prove that they weren't stolen, but this is a little different I think since none of the component parts have a title.

Anyone have insight into this?

Later,
Joe

Dieselsmoke

A friend and I did a few HMMWVs from pieces & parts back '96-'99. All we had to do was show them receipts from DRMO for scrap and we were good to go. It was just as easy as when I did the HMMWV I have now which was released in '88 and had a SF97.
I did all of my registration/titling at the Widefield office, as it was always the fastest unless you went there in late afternoon and it was full of GIs.

Dieselsmoke

Just used the serial on the dataplates. They were easy to deal with, was no big deal at all. Of course, a lot could have changed in 10 years. Just avoid the DMV at Mall of the Bluffs, that place was a PITA.