• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Troop Seats for 4-man config?

GMVguy

Hey guys. Can the standard troop seats be modified/shortened to work with a 4-man HMMWV? In other words, I would like to keep the 4-doors and 4-seats, but put shorted troop seats on the bed rails only. Here's a picture of them on a 2-man truck. Are they modular to where they can be easily modified for a 4-man truck?

trip-049.jpg

greenjeepster

It will be a complete fab job. The third upright support sits right over the panel for the rear doors, so it will need to be moved back, then it will look silly because the spacing isn't going to be equal.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, you'd have to re do the whole thing... not saying it couldn't be done, but you'd have to do it. The closest I've seen to there being what you're looking for is the SF/GMV variant, and that is way different than a standard HMMWV. (in terms of c pillar, turret support, etc...)

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a cut down set . Not much to it. I wil sell them for $200 plus shipping

Last edited:

V8Merc124

I might be looking to do the same thing but buying the troop seats with shipping will be a bit much and then ruining a perfectly good part. However I think it would look pretty slick if you can get it to work and have a support bracket by the C-pillar it may be strong enough to handle a few passengers. Maybe doing a "GMV" Special forces hmmwv type rear cargo area might be what you are looking for. You could custom fab it your self and you could definitely tie it into the C-pillar with your own D-post. I'm thinking of doing a custom one myself kinda like in the pic below but my top is a soft top. I will be specifically designing it to use for transporting people around on my farm.

Not my pic, but found it when looking for designs of GMV cargo area.

Attachments

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are of a soon to be range target. I don't know where you can get it. I took them for reference if you have to build it. There's a guy on g503 that seems to be building one.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have built several GMV's, there are several variation of Bed enclosures, the ones pictured have always been problematic because finding the correct material to match the side slats has been impossible., everything else can be fabricated.

Attachments

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the 2 C-pillar pieces...they are cut out of a left and right sponson....while you can find right sponsons all day Long, try to find a left, without paying an arm and a leg.

i also might have the center roof support bar coming in as well.

GMVguy

I have the 2 C-pillar pieces...they are cut out of a left and right sponson....while you can find right sponsons all day Long, try to find a left, without paying an arm and a leg.

i also might have the center roof support bar coming in as well.
Great, thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks