• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWVs with water fording valve punched out

tgejesse

I noticed a lot of m1132’s on gov planet have the water fording valve punched out. Does anyone know why the marines would do this? I noticed the same on my m1123.

I’m trying to think ahead of how to fix it up. I won’t be flooding my HMMWV so I might just get a plate and rivet over it. Still haven’t decided.

Attachments

Action

Hook your vent lines back up. There will be a cut 1/4” OD nylon line near there. Route that to the air filter can, if you arent going to put valve back in.
i also see cut washer nozzle lines on previously armored trucks.
And check the rubber line for the air restriction guage.

Yeah they removed mine but it wasn't as beat up as yours. Mine looks like it was unbolted instead of just ripped out. Removing the whole valve controller is silly as far as I'm concerned since I can just buy the parts and put it all back.

DREDnot

Jeez ... what kind of goon would remove it that way?
I would leave it and call it combat damage. Took a round of 20mm...

Its part of the demil process. Water fording capability is a tactical advantage you dont want just anybody to have so they remove crucial components. Most commonly removed...lately....is the fording switch, the CDR valve, and the sensor cup.

That way they can keep the intake and exhaust for higher value at auction.

Most of the ones ive seen lately are hacked out with a cutoff disc.

Robhawg

Does anyone know the hose routing of the DWF system on an M1165A1? I am attempting to correct the hack job the DEMIL did! I have looked in the TM and it shows the earlier models but not the ECV. I may be looking in the wrong manual? I can only find one hose near the DWF valve and I assume it goes to the CDR?

Last edited:

JetbikeAnt

Man after seeing that hack job I was lucky. I have not traced out the whole system yet, but so far the only thing missing was my tall exhaust which I replaced.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks