• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Horn Upgrade

CapePrep

Just doing my part for safety-just upgraded my stock horn to this bad boy. Inexpensive, easy to install and much louder!!
I can get pics if anyone interested. But, literally took me 10 min to install. Just unplugged connectors from stock, made up a couple of packard connectors to spade connectors to go on horn. Bolted it to the back of the front bumper using a hole there already. Can't see it but you will hear it! It comes with a 24 volt relay but I looked at it and didn't see a need. It is a momentary load and works perfectly. Time will tell, but for the price it was a slam dunk for me.

CapePrep

Thanks! My HMMWV horn is anemic and only works sometimes. I really should replace it... but a K5LA just isn't in the budget.

You really think that one reaches the advertised 150dB?
Can't really say whether it reaches that Db, but it is nice and loud! Not obnoxious like those "train horns". And as I said, super easy to install. And for the price, you can't go wrong.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks