• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how are these tires?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That appears to be a 9.00R16 or a 11.00R16 XL. Looks like the bottom left one is toast. When we can get 11.00R16's we sell them for $795 a set. But with better tread/shape than that.

K10A

On the lav wheels with the bead lock they weigh over 200+ pounds each and they are really fun to break down:mad::mrgreen:.

Brett09

I love mine, got them from GL for about 600 for the set. Just have to watch it when its wet on the roads, especially the paint. Keep in mind they are J rated and where designed for a much heavier vehicle. They do make a good amount of road noise too.

Attachments

84cucv1ton

those are pics of the ones i had years ago.. i guy i know found a bunch where hes working,, going to buy all of them he said.. guy lost his storage.. a lot of what hes getting are barley used to new.. they descent off road?

Barrman

11.00-16 Michelin XL radial tires. Very heavy on the LAV 3 piece tubeless rims as pointed out above.

Aired down to around 15 psi, they are great on any surface. Take them up to their rated 85 psi and you will get stuck on a blade of grass and feel every blade of grass you run over too.

I have the XZL version of them on my M715. 5 years and around 10,000 miles. I can't detect any wear in them yet. Great tires, just very heavy. Which means ball joints, kingpins, tie rod ends and bearings all need to be in great shape.

kevin-m1008

I put a set of XL's on my M715 a few years ago that still had the rubber nibs on them. I have almost 15k on them and hope they last to 17k before I get to the wear bars. They are good in the dirt and road wet or dry and pretty good in the snow and ice, In mud they do OK a Goodyear MTR do better. My truck does have detroits in them so wear is a little higher then open differentials. I usually run 50psi in them and they wear even across the tread. But I only use the truck with a load, camping, loaded with dirt wood ect...

When new they weighed in at 103-105 pounds each on a bathroom scale so they are heavy. I have a second set with 95% tread that I will put on after these wear out. They are a good tire at least for my application.
YMMV

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks