• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I remove the top of my door panel?

gt1009

The window got off the track on my m1009, and for the life of me I can't get the top portion of the inside door panel to come off. The area where it attatches to the molding right by the window opening seems to have some little clips on the inside. I'm not too sure how I am supposed to access these. It's raining here, and its my DD, so I would like to fix this ASAP.
Thanks,
Greg

allrevup

both of the window tracks are easaly acces. ones you remove the plastic door panel, you really do not need to remove the tracks as they have a bit of room to move side to side, ones you loosen the screws/bolts that hold then in place, you may need to remove the window from the actuator (2 bolts) it bolts back easally usually with the glass window near all the way up. I think I may have missundrstud what you said by "TOP OF THE DOOR PANEL" lower the window and after removing the window crank handle, arm rest and inside plastic door lock thinguie and fastenning screws? make shure the window vent is close pull the pannels towars you and jentlly up.

Last edited:

gt1009

Ok 2 little problems. How do I get the window crank and door lock thing off? Those are probably easy but go easy on me I've never done it before. Second problem is that the window won't go down all the way. It's stuck halfway between up and down and only moves like 2 inches either way.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Door lock thing unscrews. Window crank, there is a cheap tool for that at your local auto parts store.

jimm1009

door panel

Also a scribe with a 90 degree tip will work too.

Attached is a PDF format sketch of the clip.
When you get ready to reinstall the window riser handle, install the clip and push it onto the shaft and it will retain it.
Just make sure you have it at the anlge that you prefer before you push it on or you will have to use the removal procedure again.
Not a bad project once you see how it is made.
The clips may be destoyed whn you remove them if they are original.

They rust after a few years and get weak. LMC truck has them in new seals and not too bad a price.

NOTE: Roll your window all the way down before removing the panel and crank.

Jim

Attachments

gt1009

Is something terrible going to happen if I remove the panel and crank with the window halfway up, because as I stated before the window is stuck halfway up and will not move up or down. Don't ask how it happened, because I'm not too sure either.

allrevup

You will not breack anything, the relevat possition(up or Down) just makes it easyer. just move the round plastic thing between the handle and the door panel, one way or another and you will see the "U" clip that hold the handle to the actuator shaft, you can push it out or pull it depending on what you use to remove it. (2 flat scredrivers is all you really need) Most of the plastic and metal clips are deterioraret so if you can not reuse then they are cheap and you can find at your local parts store "HELP" section. This is a good time to vacum the inside of the door and clean out the drains and to lube the lock and regulator and lube/adjust the tencion on your vent window . All easally acomplish wille in place with the door panel OFF.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The top of the panel is attached with spring clips in the window opening. After you remove the lock extension and the window crank, and all of the screws, you may have to use a long flat blade screwdriver to pry up on the panel starting on either end.

lavarok

The top of the panel is attached with spring clips in the window opening. After you remove the lock extension and the window crank, and all of the screws, you may have to use a long flat blade screwdriver to pry up on the panel starting on either end.

There are no spring clips holding the door panel on a CUCV. Remove the screws along the outer edge of panel. remove the screw behind the door handle. Remove the screws in the arm rest. Remove the spring clip for the window crank handle.
At this point you should be able to pull out on the bottom edge while guiding the door handle out the hole and lifting to get it off the lip of the top edge by the window.

SGT Estum

The real question is: after the door panel is removed, how do you get it back on with those clips on the top? There has got to be a special tool or something... I just don't know what it is or where to find it. Anybody got any good tips?

rnd-motorsports

There are spring clips on the top edge of the door panel under the window felt they bend sometimes there are like 4 or 5 across the window with the window all the way down you can pull the clips loose you may need to straighten them to put them back on you will see or know when you see them how to straighten them!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks