• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I save the large pics from my GL listing?

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was probably me, and I more than likely cannot help you out. I use a Linux based OS, and I can do more tricks and such with my internet browser than you can with Windows based stuff.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, most of them are saved in your 'cache', no matter what OS you are running. On a windows machine, I registered a product called Compupic, from photodex.com (many years ago), because it will show all folders in it's 'tree' view and allow you to open them and extract pictures and move them from one folder to another. Only problem I have had was with FF4.x where the designers, in their stupidity, decided to make the cache into a whole slew of sub folders (FF times FF worth), making it a very arduous task to find the files to move/save them. Fortunately for me, I was able to go back to FF3.6x.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't open the pics first! Right click directly from the auction listing and it'll let you "save picture as" then just select the spot on your hard drive where you want to save it. If you open them first and try that it won't work.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One other method -
Click on the pictures, and you get the big ones.
Move your cursor to somewhere around the center of the picture, it will turn from the finger into an arrow (or however your cursor is set up to change).
At that point right click, and you should get a menu that includes "View page info"
Click that and you get a new page. Top left has an option "View Media"
Click that and you get a new page. Go down that page and look on the list of links for the .jpg's. There will be one that has 'tiny thumb' in the name, it is your thumbnail picture. The next .jpg on the list will be the full sized picture.
When you find the pictures you want, there is a "save as" button to the top right of the photo.

Clear as mud? :)
If I can do it, you can!

Cheers

PS - this is using Firefox

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It all depends on which operating system and which browser you are using. Davo727 what browser are you using?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks