• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much should I offer for this Deuce?

JDToumanian

I know where theres a m35 w/427 non turbo
The LDS-427 isn't a great engine, but it's very rare and thus collectible. I wasn't aware that there was ever a non-turbo LDS-427. Maybe the turbo was removed or maybe it's actually a non-turbo LDT-465...

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
whats so gret about the 427? (just curious as i know where theres a m35 w/427 non turbo)
I wouldn't say "great" but it is a very rare truck. When the A1's were reworked they pulled the 427's out and replaced them with the 465's hence, very hard to find today.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I find it a very intriguing truck. I'd bet a dozen donuts its and LDS 427. Jon, all 427s were turbo engines. I'd say early 60s truck and that subframe is certainly M59 or M215. I had (for a very short time) an M292A1 with the LDS427 and it was quite the runner. I think EMR still has a canned 427. Sad that trucks this unique get boned out!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
JDToumanian and HndrsonJ hit the nail on the head.

superburban

OK, supposing I pick this up. My mother's place is about a mile away. Would my 2002 F350 powerstroke be able to tow this OK for that short distance? What I'm refering to is no brakes on the Deuce, just relying on the Ford? I dont think I'd have the resources to restore this like it would deserve, so I'd probably just part it out. The engine, the rear PTO, axles, then scrap the rusty, bent remainder.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Towing might be an option as you're that close, but I see an issue with her holding together during the journey rather than stopping. You could always "granny gear" pull her at 10mph or so if theres no major obstacles.

Edit: And if she rolls straight if at all.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shoot, you all are way off. I'd give him $1,000 in a heartbeat if it was close to me.

JDToumanian

It's got a turbo.
Yeah I saw the pics.... That was in response to ODdave who in post #22 said he knew where there was a non-turbo LDS-427, but as I suspected and Kenny confirmed, there was no such beast...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I think thats a stock m59 dump sub frame too. Looks like the correct hydro pump and there is no mistaking the dump bed supports. I bet someone wanted a bigger bed box and rigged it. That would mean it has the double output pto, not a T-case pto. Some valuable parts there. As much as I hate to see one parted out, this could be a good money maker. 1500 isn't too bad imho.

DMgunn

I'd think you could get maybe $150-200 for the hard top, if it's solid. Better get it before some rock crawler buys it for the axles and throws that motor on its lid on a concrete floor.....but I'd do a little negotiating on that price...;)

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's a 427 I may be very interested in it. Looking like I will be headed out that way in May.....

Katahdin

I was thinking that too about the double output PTO and the frame. I'd be curious to know what the data plate on the dash says. (I spent too much time last reading the old TMs last night)

Also, it should have a starter pedal (no push button) and I think that's a deep water fording valve switch to the left of the glove box?

I think thats a stock m59 dump sub frame too. Looks like the correct hydro pump and there is no mistaking the dump bed supports. I bet someone wanted a bigger bed box and rigged it. That would mean it has the double output pto, not a T-case pto. Some valuable parts there. As much as I hate to see one parted out, this could be a good money maker. 1500 isn't too bad imho.

Last edited:

ODdave

The LDS-427 isn't a great engine, but it's very rare and thus collectible. I wasn't aware that there was ever a non-turbo LDS-427. Maybe the turbo was removed or maybe it's actually a non-turbo LDT-465...
I will see if i can get pics, I am almost %100 positive its said 427 on the data plate and was a non turbo (2 reasons i didnt buy the truck)