• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to remove M1009 rear window lock cylinder

SGT Estum

So I'm doing some maintenance on my M1009 rear window stuff. Maintenance includes a new regulator clutch, replacement lock cylinder, and rigging up some sort of felt lining for the glass channels.

After about an hour I finally figured out how to get the lock cylinder out. I swore enough during the process that I figured I should share how I pulled it off on here in case anybody else gets into the same situation.

After you've got the rear handle assembly removed take off the clutch. Mine was sort of fused in place for whatever reason but a little tug and it just slid right off. Next I set the whole assembly keyhole side down in a vice. Insert the key. Rotate the key all the way (can't remember which way I went but you've got a 50/50 chance) until it wants to stop. Then, press the pawl (#32 in the diagram in the TM) in further so as to compress the spring more. Now you can rotate the lock cylinder beyond where it had stopped. Rotate and pull and it should pop right out.