• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I bought a M715 today!

91W350

I ran a GM 305 V8 gasser in mine and it did super. Better fuel mileage than stock, nice and smooth power, I went with a set of shorty headers and low rpm torque cam. I always wanted to try one with a 4BT in it. I used the Novak conversion so I could keep the stock transmission, I always liked the way the transfer case shifters and emergency brake levers stood up in the cab on the M715. Glen

editing to add that is a four core 1968 Camaro application radiator and even though it looks close, the fan clutch never touched it, in spite of hanging wheels in the air on the rocks many times.

Attachments

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the Camaro radiator a direct bolt in to the stock core support? If so that is some great information.

91W350

I just made a flat aluminum bar and drilled it for both mounts. Attached it to the core then slid it in the stock bracket. No sweat at all. That radiator was overkill. I originally bought it for a 502 Camaro project and had it leftover from play time. A friend later bought the Camaro and semi restored it

67_C-30

I have complete adapter kits and also seperate parts for same. Most complete kit going, lowest cost and all billet steel not aluminum
Bob, I'm going to be calling you this coming week sometime. I have a lot questions and I need several items.

Do you happen to have gasket sets for the Tornado engines?

KBarrell

I have a great bed and tailgate for the 68' M715. The bed has been stripped down and primed. the tailgate needs to be stripped but is in great shape. The floor of the bed is still good. The cab i have has rot in the rocker panels and some of the rear cab floor. The doors are in great shape with all hardware and glass. I have the soft top with a few small holes that can be sewn shut. Also the tool box under the bed is in great shape too. I'll take $500.00 for all of the body parts that are left.

67_C-30

I have a great bed and tailgate for the 68' M715. The bed has been stripped down and primed. the tailgate needs to be stripped but is in great shape. The floor of the bed is still good. The cab i have has rot in the rocker panels and some of the rear cab floor. The doors are in great shape with all hardware and glass. I have the soft top with a few small holes that can be sewn shut. Also the tool box under the bed is in great shape too. I'll take $500.00 for all of the body parts that are left.
PM sent

67_C-30

Recovery Successful!

I brought the M715 home today. To my knowledge, there is not any of these locally, we got tons of looks, finger pointing, thumbs up, and comments on the way home. One guy at a gas said asked "What the h--- is THAT?", so I told him, and he said "I didn't know what it was, but I knew it was AWESOME!". Ego boost? - check;) The kids love it too!

Attachments

bcowanwheels

I,VE built harley choppers, drag boats, t-buckets, motor homes, houses, exotic chevy pickups, drag cars ( rails) and nothing gets more attention than a m715. everyone from old folk, kids, chicks & everything inbetween. i really like these trucks and itss why i enjoy building them so much. going on 20 yrs now. guess they'll lay my coffin down in one and take me to the grave yard in one as its in my will. dont rush your build as building one of these is as fun as driving it. do it once and do it right you'll be glad you did when its done.
happy & prosperous new year to ya.
bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks