• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I got myself a lift

toddm

I've had this lift intended for a pickup truck around for quite a few years. I finally got around to mounting it on my Duece. The base fits perfectly under the troop seat and also fits nicely out of the way under it. I needed to cut 5 inches out of the lift for it to fit under my cargo cover. It's rated at 1,000lbs. I eventually will paint it to match the truck.This will come in handy lifting heavy items up in the back.

Attachments

KsM715

Now go to harbor freight and get one of those air operated cylinders and run it off the glad hand on the back of the truck and take all the manual labor out of loading stuff. :-D

toddm

Update

I went to harbor freight and bought a 1,000lb crank winch and welded that in place. I saw some small snatch blocks at Harbor Freight that I used the grooved pulleys from for the cable to go through the upper channel. It works great, I just have to put a cable retainer on the back pulley like I did to the front one. I don't even remember how much I paid for the original lift, if anything. So for $33 I have a nice operating lift! Good thing I don't charge myself labor, or I'd go broke:-D

Attachments

toddm

"I'm pretty sure it just lifts out of the base. The base will fit under the seat."

Exactly! I really don't want to be removing it too much, it is really awkwardly heavy.

toddm

I finally got to use it yesterday. I loaded my two extra mounted spare tires in the back with it. Sure beats a broken back!

randyscycle

Nice job! Looks very useful. I have a 150 gallon fuel tank that I occasionally need to load and unload and using the skidsteer is a pain sometimes.

I thought about something similar with a 8000 lb winch I have here, but its 12 volt, so I hadn't figured out battery charging, and portability and such yet......Someday........