• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I got pulled over in my Deuce

SouthTexasDiesel

I went to go get some diesel at 1 AM, and on my to town from my ranch a set of headlights appeared behind me and followed me for about 10 miles. Finally I just pulled over myself just before I got to the highway. Turned out to be a Border Patrol Agent, he walked up looking about as confused as a fat kid in a health food store. He asked me what the hell I was doing driving a truck that said Military Police out in the middle of nowhere in the dead of night, I just explained it was my ranch truck and I needed diesel. He checked it out and I assured him Mexico wasn't invading, went on my way enjoying a good night ride with awesome weather. Loving every second driving this beast, and it sure is a good work horse around the ranch.

SouthTexasDiesel

RE: Re: I got pulled over in my Deuce

It's not like I put it there on the door. It's not obvious, especially at night. We were both a little amused about it.

I have friends in just about every area of law enforcement around here so I'm not really too worried about getting in too much trouble.

powerhouseduece

Im knocking on wood but I bet that I wont be that lucky. If I were to get pulled over at 1am it would probaly be by 3 local cops and then they would not know what to do so they would have to call about 4 state troopers, then after about the time the sun would come up, the DOT cops will show up, than after everyone's ticket books are empty for all the stupid little things, i could drive home. I LOVE MARYLAND!!!!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor

Oh crap, here we go again with the "Military Police" is illegal to have on your truck---no it isn't---yes it is---no it isn't ---yes it is---no it isn't.......... thread again.

ssgtwright-usmc

Kinda sounds like me when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton driving to El-Toro Air Station when it was still a active duty Marine Air Station.
I was driving towards El-Toro in our Military Chevy Cargo Van transporting Communication equipment and tents.
About 5 miles outside of that Border Patrol Check Point on I-5, the Border patrol pulls me and my A-driver over to check out the Cargo Van.
Thought it was pretty funny that I was driving a Military Cargo Van with GS tags on the back and front and here we are in uniform.
Dont think the Border Patrol even took a look at the tags but maybe was hoping to make a big capture like one of his fellow worker might have done recently.
Wasnt funny at the time but looking back on it I can laugh.
Guess he thought it was time for the Marines to start doing their training South of the Border instead of El-Toro, CA.
21 years in the Marine Corps and now the Border Patrol says Im too old to be considered to be hired. No mil preference when it comes to age.

SouthTexasDiesel

Just to clarify I didn't get pulled over because the truck said Military Police. This happens all the time when I drive a truck they haven't seen down the road my ranch is on. I got pulled over 4 times right after I got my motorcycle, something about a black sportbike on a ranch road peaks their interest.

I think he just wanted to look at the truck, he didn't even ask me for ID or why it didn't have any plates.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: I got pulled over in my Deuce

DanMartin said:
"Military Police" on an M35? Does anyone else think that's kinda weird?
Easiest way to haul 20 guys from a drunken bar fight to the brig all at once. :D

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
RE: Re: RE: Re: I got pulled over in my Deuce

funny Mike

Not to keep the yes it is and no it isnt thing going but , in NC it isnt illegal. Its no more illegal than a antique police car .

emr

The deuces from the guard unit from upstate NY that were the first on call at 9/11 were all marked Military police on the doors with inch or 2 stencils, they were well used trucks,and they were also a great great bunch of guys i need to ad. so its not wierd at all. they had 10 at least there.and it was not recently stenciled they would never have had time for that, so there MP unit had a bunch, fyi...Randy

FrankUSMC

My first M35 was from a MP unit here in North Caroilna.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

SoundGuy

I love the Grill. That looks to make one big steak. Leave that on there and you might get pulled over just so the cops can see if you will offer them lunch. I defiantly need to get one of these.

aboonski

Hey there SoundGuy, ever get up to Camp Beauregard? They had a really nice Deuce with Military Police on the doors that some lucky person won. They have some nice trucks in that GL lot and they go pretty cheap too! It' just too far from Florida where I live but the ride up and back last week was really enjoyable!

dittle

Does you Deuce lean to the left when you get that thing full of charcoal and steaks? If not, add more steaks :drool: