• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ideas on front differential cover color? Need help

on1wheel01

Well I am going to remove my cover as the vent hose was torn and I wanna make sure it's all clean and nice inside. So I want to make it look nice again. I do powder coating so I figured I would coat it. Problem Is I have no clue on what color to do. I could do a fancy color something bright and nice but don't know if it would throw off the looks of the vehicle. Colors I have are semi gloss black, high gloss black, safety yellow, slime green(like Kawasaki green) white(not happening), red, gun metal, kobalt blue(not happening lol), and silver(not happening). I need to go buy some od green as I think that would look nice on a few things I want to coat. All else fails I guess I could do it in that but just a little plain. Any help and ideas is appreciated guys. Thanks

Picture of vehicle to get a perspective

M1009 build1.jpg

Skinny

Won't matter what color it is when one of those 10-bolt cross shafts blows through it... :)

I'd go with black so it doesn't stand out. Nice looking rig!

richingalveston

I do not know the color codes but my powder coater was able to match the forest green (gillespie) on my 1009. I powder coated my 1009 brush gaurd and it is an exact match to my gillespie paint. nice thing about that is i can touch it up along with the truck with rattle cans.

flat black would be my choice. If you had to have something different then go with the gun metal and paint the rest of the axle flat black.

don't forget the rear, you don't want to look lazy with two different color diffs.

on1wheel01

Haha I would like to do a brighter color I just don't know how much it would throw off the look of the vehicle. And I am going to do the rear also. Most likely in a few days

Here is a pic of the graphite
IMAG1691.jpg
a2d93d49.jpg

Last edited:

on1wheel01

Ok guys I went to my supplier and he didn't have a green that I liked. So I got a sand looking color. I like the look of it. Front is finished. Just removed the rear and will get it done tonight or in the morning.

IMAG2911_zpsb808fe24.jpg