• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If you purchased any auto fuses for your FMTV on AMAZON, you better watch this fire safety warning!

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh yeah I saw that. Fortunately the A1R's have much more reliable circuit breakers than the older trucks. I purchased spares (
Bussman) of every size in my panels plus there are unused breakers that can be repurposed.

But for other stuff like habitat circuits - if you are going to use fuses then buy your assortments from a quality source like Digikey. Even Amazon and ebay listings that say they are brand name may be counterfeit.

For the A0 and A1 trucks you just need ATO standard fuses:

Reworked LMTV

Oh yeah I saw that. Fortunately the A1R's have much more reliable circuit breakers than the older trucks. I purchased spares (
Bussman) of every size in my panels plus there are unused breakers that can be repurposed.

But for other stuff like habitat circuits - if you are going to use fuses then buy your assortments from a quality source like Digikey. Even Amazon and ebay listings that say they are brand name may be counterfeit.

I have bought replacement circuit breakers for mine too. Not cheap. Plastic shells seem to break over time.

Reworked LMTV

Ha! I use Digi-key too. Mouser too.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have bought replacement circuit breakers for mine too. Not cheap. Plastic shells seem to break over time.
The A0 circuit breakers were an older generation ATO/ATC size breaker that's kinda crappy after ~30 years. The A1R uses ATM Mini size breakers that I haven't seen any failures with. But I pieced together an assortment of replacements to keep in my truck anyway.