• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If you purchased any auto fuses for your FMTV on AMAZON, you better watch this fire safety warning!

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh yeah I saw that. Fortunately the A1R's have much more reliable circuit breakers than the older trucks. I purchased spares (
Bussman) of every size in my panels plus there are unused breakers that can be repurposed.

But for other stuff like habitat circuits - if you are going to use fuses then buy your assortments from a quality source like Digikey. Even Amazon and ebay listings that say they are brand name may be counterfeit.

For the A0 and A1 trucks you just need ATO standard fuses:

Reworked LMTV

Oh yeah I saw that. Fortunately the A1R's have much more reliable circuit breakers than the older trucks. I purchased spares (
Bussman) of every size in my panels plus there are unused breakers that can be repurposed.

But for other stuff like habitat circuits - if you are going to use fuses then buy your assortments from a quality source like Digikey. Even Amazon and ebay listings that say they are brand name may be counterfeit.

I have bought replacement circuit breakers for mine too. Not cheap. Plastic shells seem to break over time.

Reworked LMTV

Ha! I use Digi-key too. Mouser too.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have bought replacement circuit breakers for mine too. Not cheap. Plastic shells seem to break over time.
The A0 circuit breakers were an older generation ATO/ATC size breaker that's kinda crappy after ~30 years. The A1R uses ATM Mini size breakers that I haven't seen any failures with. But I pieced together an assortment of replacements to keep in my truck anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks